c. 1860 Wedding Gown worn by Ursula McCurdy Andrews at her marriage to Gamaliel Ephraim Herrick in 1860.
An incredibly special piece of history with provenance!
+++ Condition +++
Condition is good overall for its age, but with several flaws to note, including:
- Some stains in the bodice underarms and throughout skirt
- Tears, splitting in a few places on the skirt
- Wear, missing lace on bodice
- Missing original bodice string for tying closed (a snap was added to the top)
- Other flaws, as discussed -- not suitable for wearing due to age
Overall it is structurally sound, beautiful for display, study, and preservation.
+++ Please read +++
This item is not new, and as such, it has wear commensurate with age. As with all older vintage and antique items, please handle with care.
All items are sold as-is, and I do my best to point out all condition issues and provide a detailed description and photographs.
Unless specified, items have not been cleaned.
I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.