Serious vampire vibes from this gorgeous cape, circa late 1910s to early 1920s.
Black cotton brocade lined with pale pink cotton sateen (likely a cotton silk blend). The velvet collar has metal wires that you can bend and shape how you like.
Two velvet bows with long ribbons hang down from the front of the collar where it closes with a hook and eye.
This is such a fabulous piece!
+++ Measurements +++
One size fits most, but I found that it looks best on a slightly larger frame.
15" between the shoulder seams measured across the back
45" in length
+++ Condition +++
Lovely condition overall with some flaws to note:
- Small repair on the collar where a wire had poked through
- A few scattered stains in the lining
- Some scattered loose threads in the brocade
- Silk trim inside is very worn and separating from the lining, but this is not seen when the cape is on and does not present any major issues
- Velvet collar and ribbon both have wear, more so to the ribbon
Definitely wearable with care. Clean and free of odors. For care, steam cleaning and airing out recommended. Spot cleaning if necessary.
+++ Please read +++
This item is not new, and as such, it has wear commensurate with age. As with all older vintage and antique items, please handle with care.
All items are sold as-is, and I do my best to point out all condition issues and provide a detailed description and photographs.
Unless specified, items have not been cleaned.
I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.