Gorgeous white linen two piece dress with heavy whitework embroidery in a Scottish thistle motif.
I believe this may have been worn as a wedding dress. It is absolutely stunning and I have had it in my personal collection for some time.
Blouse has buttons down the back (hidden) with thread hooks rather than button holes.
Skirt has hook and eye closures down the back.
+++ Measurements +++
Up to 30" waist (but meant to be tucked and worn loose up top)
Up to 36" bust
35" front length
38" back length
+++ Condition +++Good condition overall considering age with some minor flaws to note:
- A couple of very faint stains, not noticeable
- Missing a button, a couple of the button threads are also broken
- A few scattered thin places in the fabric but overall it is strong
- A couple of missing/broken hook and eyes on the skirt
- There are some places where pleats were taken out to make the piece larger
+++ Please read +++This item is not new, and as such, it has wear commensurate with age. As with all older vintage and antique items, please handle with care.
All items are sold as-is, and I do my best to point out all condition issues and provide a detailed description and photographs.
Unless specified, items have not been cleaned.
I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.