Super witchy ensemble circa 1890s, a bodice and skirt or petticoat.
Fabric is bombazine, lined with glazed cotton.
Bodice has large leg o' mutton sleeves and a dramatic collar. Fully boned, hook and eye closures down the center front, peplum waist.
Skirt is a heavy petticoat of the same fabric. Constructed like a petticoat but may have been worn as a outer-garment rather than an undergarment, I'm not quite certain.
Hand and machine sewn.
+++ Measurements +++
24" max waist
+++ Condition +++
Overall good condition, especially considering age. Some minor flaws to note:
- Missing one hook closure from the center front
- Thread "eye" closure to accompany hook on crossover closure on front is broken
- A few discolorations on the bodice
- Wear to the waistband of petticoat
- Missing petticoat closure
- Some wear around the hem of petticoat
- Seam opening in petticoat lining
- A few scattered pinholes
- Some boning peeking out of channels
- Underarm discolorations in the lining of bodice
- Slight musty odor from storage, has not been cleaned
Wearable with care but also would be an idea study or display piece.
+++ Please read +++
This item is not new, and as such, it has wear commensurate with age. As with all older vintage and antique items, please handle with care.
All items are sold as-is, and I do my best to point out all condition issues and provide a detailed description and photographs.
Unless specified, items have not been cleaned.
I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.