Lovely black brocade bodice circa 1880s.
Heavy glass buttons down the front (one missing).
Bodice has boning in the lining.
Machine and hand sewn.
+++ Measurements +++
15" long and the shortest point (the sides) and 21" long in the middle front and back.
+++ Condition +++
Good overall condition with some flaws to note:
- Missing one button near the waist
- Some wear to the fabric, mostly to the sleeves and underarms
- A small hole/thin place in one sleeve
- Steel boning peeking out of one of the boning channels
- Some wear to the lining
- Inner bodice hook and eye closure tab is partially detached
Likely best for study/display but would also be wearable with extra care.
+++ Please read +++
This item is not new, and as such, it has wear commensurate with age. As with all older vintage and antique items, please handle with care.
All items are sold as-is, and I do my best to point out all condition issues and provide a detailed description and photographs.
Unless specified, items have not been cleaned.
I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.